16 dale, fell and river walks in and around Ambleside.
- Explore the much-loved central Lake District with 16 unique ambles, rambles and scrambles of between three and 11.5 miles.
- Routes from Ambleside, Great Langdale, Hawkshead, Windermere and Brockhole.
- Discover dramatic valleys, ancient woodlands, much-loved lakes and little-walked old ways with Fellranger author Mark Richards.
- Visit Grasmere and Rydal in the heart of romantic Wordsworth country.
- Ascents of Helvellyn, Fairfield, Loughrigg Fell, the Langdale Pikes, Wansfell, Red Screes and more.
- From short strolls to full-day expeditions.
- Notes on buses, boats, parking, pubs and cafés.
- Includes heritage highlights, detailed mapping and downloadable GPX routes.
- 50p from every sale is donated to Ambleside Action for a Future to fund nature restoration and community activities in the valley..
This guidebook is published by Dave and Mark from the Countrystride podcast.
- Ambleside amble
- Stockghyll Force
- High Sweden Bridge
- The corpse road from Grasmere
- A three lakes walk (plus shorter option from Grasmere)
- Loughrigg Fell & Rydal Caves
- Fairfield Horseshoe
- Red Screes & Scandale
- Wansfell wander
- Old ways from Brockhole
- Windermere to Ambleside
- Hawkshead: World of Potter (plus shorter option to Wray Castle)
- Great Langdale – Valley route
- Great Langdale – The ridge home
- Little Langdale – Tarns & falls
- The Helvellyn high way
- SIZE: 195mm x 135mm
- PAGES: 88 pages.
- FORMAT: Softback with laminated waterproof cover.
- PRINTED: in Penrith by H&H Reeds on woodland-friendly paper under the Woodland Carbon Code. For every copy of this book printed H&H Reeds work with the Woodland Trust to plant native woodland.
** The last day for posting this book is 20 Dec and orders received after this cannot be guaranteed to be sent until the New Year.**